~sandbox

Тема в разделе "WASM.ENGLISH", создана пользователем Americandream, 28 июл 2008.

1. Americandream

Americandream New Member

Публикаций:
    hello all.
    i noticed that VMware spend many resources, and i try to look for an application that could provide me a safe place for i drop and run my executables, like a lightweight virtual machine where i could run my .exe files safely in a temporarily way.
    i dont know if this help, but normally i add an entry of menu context of windows adding a key on regedit
    for add "Open file with notepad" option, which can be very usefull.
    i was just imaging some app that could be provide me a simple way like this for running and executable without worries.
    if anyone knows good aplications or ways that could fix, i will be apreciated.
    regards.

2. Booster

Booster New Member

Публикаций:
    Americandream
    Hello.
    I don`t think that it is possible. Memory is necessary for operating system. In VMware there is an option - Devices/memory. And the operating system can use it.

3. Americandream

Americandream New Member

Публикаций:
    hi Booster.
    i know you can set and change definitions of the host virtual machine will use, even with all this options i feel this not a solution for my wants, this is why i posted here, there must be much more reliable solutions for this kind of situations which maybe happen not only me. i was just imagine a place where .exe's run in a separate buffer and the changes after this file run can be undo easily not afecting the host, like the Windows app SteadyState, but a live steadystate machine. i think my message its clear =)

4. Nero_n

Nero_n New Member

Публикаций:
    Americandream
    you may check sandboxie

that's it, with aid of Sandboxie data which normally would be stored on hd now flows to the sandbox. you can use that sandbox again later, or delete it, or whatever)
    it also adds fancy context menu "Run Sandoxed" in Explorer)

5. Prince

Prince New Member

Публикаций:
    Americandream
    Sandboxie
    Thinstall Virtualization Suite

links - www.google.com

6. Americandream

Americandream New Member

Публикаций:
    Nero_n
    thanks for the sugestion, some ppl i know recommended too for i try this product, first impression when i looked sandboxie screenshots it was that this app will just sandbox some well know programs that connect to inet, internet explorer for example. acting similar as this product BufferZone.
    i must give a try and install this softwares.
    another question i have is, how safe it is this kind of software?

7. Nero_n

Nero_n New Member

Публикаций:
    dunno.
    i've used it only occasionally in non-critical areas, so i really have no idea =)

8. rootw0rm

rootw0rm New Member

Публикаций:
    I used to think sandboxie was sort of a toy, but it's actually very impressive. Some very talented people have tried (and failed) to break out of it. The author is a very smart guy... I highly recommend it.